Sport Baggage accepted for carriage includes the following:
- Golf set: One golf set includes one golf bag containing maximum 14 golf clubs, 12 golf balls, T-shaped devices with total weight of not more than 20 kg. Equipment other than above-mentioned items shall not be regarded as golf set.
- Snow ski set: A snow-ski set includes one set of skis, a pair of ski poles, and a pair of ski shoes or boots. Equipment other than above-mentioned items shall not be regarded as standard ski set.
- Surfboard: A sport equipment for wave surfing includes a surfboard
- Scuba diving equipment: Scuba diving equipment set includes a scuba cloth, a breath tube, a pair of screws, and a diving mask. The equipment that belongs to the dangerous goods group (for example: pressure- gauge, scuba) shall not be accepted.
The request for transport of Sport Baggage must be booked in advance at least 24 hours prior to the flightâ��s estimated time of departure (ETD).
Sport Baggage must be packed in a neat manner without sharp-pointed angles to ensure safe transport.
Bike and Bulky Baggage
Bulky baggage to be carried as checked baggage includes large size items (total dimensions of exceeding 203 cm) and/or overweight ones (weighing over 32 kg/baggage). Bulky baggage must be packed in a neat manner without sharp-pointed angles.
Bikes to be carried as checked baggage include all kind of regular bikes, sport bikes, powered bikes (operated by thermo-battery or electric-battery etc.).
Bike must be packed in a manner that satisfies the following requirements:
- Handle bars are positioned along the length direction of the bike.
- Disassemble and pack the bulky parts like: pedal, lamp, mirror, support pole
- The tires must be flatted/deflated before being packed
- Bike must be packed in box.
Pet in Cabin (PETC)
- Offer to Business Class, Platinum and Elite Plus of Skyteam passenger on the direct flights operated by VN from Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat to Charles De Gaulle (France), Shremetyevo 3 (Russia), Incheon, Busan (Korea), Canton (China).
- PETC reservation must be made in advance; minimum 36 hours before departure
- PETC should be accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificate, entry permit and other documents required by countries of departure, transit and entry.
- This service will be charged
Please contact to Vietnam Airlines ticketing offices or agents for futher information.
Pets/Animals as checked baggage
Pets carried as checked baggage include dog, cat and bird. Other animals can only be carried as cargo.
- Request for Pets services should be made at least 24 hours prior to time of departure.
Cabin baggage (CBBG): For fragile, bulky or high value items such as large musical instrument, painting or antique bottle which are not suitable to load in cargo compartment could be carried as block seat baggage in cabin. CBBG services request should be made at least 24 hour prior to ETD.
Articles too large or of weight over 75 kg per seat, pressure on seat over 0.046 kg/cm2 (equivalent to 75 kg/40cmx40cm seat area) shall not be accepted. Three-dimension size of CBBG should not exceed 40cm x 50cm x 160cm for B777, A330, A321, A320 and not exceed 40cm x 50cm x 95cm for F70 and ATR72.
CBBG must be packed to ensure not scratch the seat, or harm the nearby passenger.
This service will be charged.
Dead body is only accepted and carried as cargo and must follow cargo handling regulations.
Ashes may be accepted as carry-on baggage or checked baggage provided that passenger possesses Quarantine Certification of Medical Center (City or Province level). Ashes must be firmly packed so that it can withstand clashing.
Remains shall only be accepted as checked baggage in domestic flights, provided that the following conditions are met:
- An agreement must be made in advance between passenger and carrier.
- Remains must be granted Quarantine Certification by Medical Center (City or Province level).
- Remains must be firmly packed and put in hard container to ensure not to be damaged and smelled, observing the instruction of Medical Center.
- Pets should be accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificate, entry permit and other documents required by countries of departure, transit and entry.
- Passenger requiring pets services shall assume all risks of injury, sickness or death during carriage.
Only pets in healthy state without offensive smell is accepted for carriage. Bad health condition or pregnant Pets shall be rejected.
- This service will be charged.